Skip to content

Furnace Replacement Cost

What is the cost of a new furnace?

Furnace installation or heater installation prices can vary depending on many things, the national average cost is between $4,800 – $10,000 for a mid-efficiency system.

So what makes the price vary so much? Things like energy source, mid-efficiency and high-efficiency, warranties and quality of the installation are some of the things to take in count. Take some time to read our system guid to find our what option fits you budget and needs.

Which type of heater is cheapest to run? Heat pump vs Furnace?

Let’s start by understanding what types of heaters exist before we consider this debate about a central heating system.

Gas Furnaces:

Gas furnaces are located indoors and consist of a furnace and a blower motor. They can work with natural gas or propane (a conversion is required) in most applications. Furnaces are typically paired with an evaporator coil and condenser for cooling applications.

Gas furnaces are sub-divided in:
80% Furnaces – These are furnaces that use about 80% of the gas fuel to heat the air; the remaining 20% is lost through gases that are vented to the outdoors.
90% and 95% Furnaces – These furnaces use most of the gas fuel to heat the air; they also come with variable speed motors that move air efficiently through furnace ducting to reduce energy consumption, making them some of the most complete energy-efficient systems in the market.

heater installation, furnace, gas heater, propane, duct work, flue pipe, heater in attic, furnace replacement cost, heater replacement cost

Other things that affect the cost and efficiency of a new system are:

  • Ductwork
  • Air Leaks
  • Equipment Size
  • Thermostat Type
  • Outdoor System Type

Schedule a FREE comfort consultation in person

Electric Heaters or Electric Furnace

Also known as Air Handlers, they are located indoors and typically consist of an electric heater, evaporator coil, and blower motor. 

They are usually paired with a straight cooling condenser or for high-efficiency applications with a heat pump.

Air handlers come in different options that go from low, mid and high-efficiency. The efficiency of these systems depends on:

Blower motor types:

  • Single-speed PSC motors
  • Variable speed motors
  • ECM motors. 

 

A common question is, should I invest in a heat pump or just electric heater?

Let’s analyze the following example:

A 1500sqft home that only uses an electric heater can consume approximately 9.68 kilowatts per hour.

On the other hand, if paired with a heat pump, the same house would only consume an average of 3.2 kilowatts per hour.

air handler, air handler, heater installation, attic heater, duct, work

Other things that affect the cost and efficiency of a new system are:

  • Ductwork
  • Air Leaks
  • Equipment Size
  • Thermostat Type
  • Outdoor System Type

Schedule a FREE comfort consultation in person

Comparing an air handler vs furnace, which is better? The answer is which one can be installed in your home and which one will have the best options for your needs? What is cheaper in your area, electricity or gas? 

HVAC Financing is available for furnace repair,  furnace replacement.

Comfort Air is a Dallas – Fort Worth Furnace repair, furnace maintenance and replacement company that also extends it’s services to Azle Tx, Weatherford Tx, Benbrook Tx, Crowley Tx and surrounding areas

Comfort Air DFW, offering ac repair, heating repair and HVAC system replacement 817-269-9827